The Petzl SUM’TEC ice axe represents versatility: it adapts easily to any mountaineering activity, from classic to technical. It is completely modular, allowing it to be optimized for the objective. The TRIGREST handrest, adjustable without tools, and the compatibility of the ice axe with most Petzl accessories (PUR’ICE and DRY picks, MASSELOTTES…) ensure the efficiency required for difficult sections.
– ICE pick is tapered at the tip for easy penetration in any ice
– the TRIGREST handrest allows the position of the hand or the index finger to be adjusted into climbing mode quickly and without tools
– shaft has steel spike for solid support in piolet-canne mode
– curved shaft for efficient anchoring, while protecting the hand
– shaft is straight enough for efficient planting into snow and walking comfortably
- Completely modular ice axe:
– interchangeable picks adapt to different objectives
– adze and hammer are interchangeable
- adding weights (optional) improves anchoring qualities
– compatible with Petzl accessories for QUARK, NOMIC and ERGO ice axes
– available in two versions: adze or hammer
Petzl is a leading French company producing sports materials such as climbing, mountaineering, speleology and canyoning and professional materials for high-altitude activities.
Established in 1968 by the speleologist of the same name, Petzl’s mission has remained the same since its origins: creating concrete tools to allow man to outdo himself. Today the pioneering spirit, the passion of exploration, values have not changed. For over forty years, Petzl always designs tools and solutions to allow sportsmen and professionals to measure themselves, in any weather, in the most inaccessible environments.