Ultra-light ice screw reduces every possible gram of weight for mountaineering. The aluminum tube, associated with a steel drill, makes the screw lighter. The integrated folding crank gives an optimized lever, making it easier and faster to screw in.
- Maximized weight reduction:
– ultra-light aluminum tube, ideal for mountaineering when reduced equipment weight is a priority
- Easier bite:
– the shape of the drill is optimized to facilitate bite into the ice
- Easier drill sharpening with the drill’s patented sharpening reserve
- Quick and easy screwing:
– integrated flexible crank provides excellent grip and an optimized lever, making it easier and faster to screw in
– compact hanger to facilitate screwing into sculpted ice
– color-coding facilitates identifying the length of a screw
Petzl is a leading French company producing sports materials such as climbing, mountaineering, speleology and canyoning and professional materials for high-altitude activities.
Established in 1968 by the speleologist of the same name, Petzl’s mission has remained the same since its origins: creating concrete tools to allow man to outdo himself. Today the pioneering spirit, the passion of exploration, values have not changed. For over forty years, Petzl always designs tools and solutions to allow sportsmen and professionals to measure themselves, in any weather, in the most inaccessible environments.