Following the natural trend of the companies to produce thinner and lighter EN 892 dynamic ropes, we decided to update the marking of our belay device ALPINE UP. Several internal tests proved that ALPINE UP works perfectly with half or twin ropes Ø 7.3 mm or with single ropes Ø 8.6 mm. No modification has been carried out on the device, therefore all the ALPINE UP already existing and sold can be used with half or twin ropes from 7.3 to 9 mm or with single ropes from 8.6 to 10.5 mm.
ALPINE UP is the most complete and versatile belay / rappel device ever produced. It has been developed especially for mountaineering and it can be used with half, twin and single ropes. Extremely advantageous, it allows self-locking abseiling and it can be used in three different belay modes, depending on the terrain.
The click-up mode (Hand assisted braking) allows:
- belaying a lead climber on multi pitch sport climbing routes (bolted);
- self-locking abseiling, using the folding handle;
- absolute safety, even if the rope is incorrectly inserted.
The dynamic mode (Manual braking) allows:
- belaying a lead climber on alpine route or ice climbing (friends, nuts and pitons);
- braking friction with “V” grooves, similar to a tube device;
- abseiling with “V” grooves brake.
The guide mode allows:
- independent and self-locking belaying of one or two seconding climbers;
- possibility of gradual releasing of a second under tension, by placing a biner in the proper hole.
ALPINE UP is supplied and must be used with the proper CONCEPT SGL HC carabiner with hardcoated wear-proof anodization and ACL system that prevents the possibility of the cross loading.
Patented and entirely produced in Italy.
Climbing Technology designs and produces innovative devices for all vertical disciplines, specifically designed for safety and the ease of use. 30 years of experience have made Climbing Technology a company that is capable of perceiving the market needs and turning those needs into innovative products for mountaineering, sport climbing and for safety while working at height.
Consigliato da un amico ho preso l’alpine up e non posso più farne a meno. Devo dire che all’inizio non è stato facile ed intuitivo e bisogna prenderci un po’ la mano, ma con un po’ di pratica ti risolve tutte le situazioni in montagna.
E’ un po’ ingombrante, ma quando ci prendi mano mi son trovato benissimo perchè fa tutto.
Recupero di secondo, assicurazione al primo sportiva (bloccante) o dinamica.
Per le discese doppie non necessita di autobloccante e questo quando hai tante doppie da fare lo apprezzi tantissimo.