Our most versatile belay/rappel device, with machined windows through the body to save weight.
Our most versatile belay/rappel device, the Black Diamond ATC-Guide is now even lighter thanks to windows machined through the body. We also enlarged the auto-block release hole to accept a small carabiner. Multiple friction modes provide the optimal amount of stopping power when lowering or rappelling, and the device’s guide mode lets you belay one or two seconding climbers off an anchor.
- Multiple friction modes for belay and rappel
- Machined windows through device for weight savings
- Auto-block release hole accepts small carabiners
- Durable cable holds its shape and resists getting caught up between ropes
- Guide mode works with one or two climbers
- ascending and descending
- Dependable and smooth operation in all conditions, handling ropes from 7.7 to 11 mm
At Black Diamond it’s all about climbing and skiing. We share the same experiences that you do on rock, ice and snow and these experiences push us to make the best gear possible for our worldwide family of climbers and skiers. Black Diamond is a company that’s not just for rock climbers and skiers, but one that stands for the spirit of the sports we live, their values and goals, past, present and future. Since 1957, our innovative gear designs have set the standard in numerous areas. This is partly the result of dedication, desire and diligence on the part of an incredible team of people. It’s also a product of the fact that each of us are climbers and skiers ourselves.