The BEAL COBRA II 8.6 GOLDEN DRY is the totally waterproof version of the well-known Cobra II 8.6 Dry Cover.
In addition to the waterproofing of the sock, Golden Dry also has hydrophobic treatment for the soul (the inside of the rope), making it the best choice for ice cascades or contexts where the rope is constantly in contact with the ice.
The Beal Cobra II 8.6 Golden Dry combines the features that have made Cobra the most versatile retailer string with an amazing waterproof treatment.
- Excellent compromise between strength and lightness
- Low stopping force and number of high drops
- the rope does not undergo bulging and remains flexible longer in time
- Unicore technology
- it is possible to get out in double rope even if the stock is cut
- Golden Dry treatment makes it more resistant to ice and water
- assumes a slight increase in weight under humidity conditions
- improves fluidity in passing through the carabiners and insurance devices
- greater abrasion resistance in classic uses
- The Beal Cobra II 8.6mm has passed the live edge resistance test introduced by Beal since 2002.
The Beal Cobra II 8.6mm will be your ideal companion for multi-purpose mountaineering, ice, mountain, highways, adventure terrains.
BEAL has been making rope history since the 80’s. Passion and research led to the development of the concept of dynamic ropes, changing the climbing world forever. The BEAL team is fully integrated into its work, caring about new technology applications, test reports, as well as emotions and enthusiasms. Evolution is what lets BEAL anticipate changes and stay tuned with climbers’ everyday needs.