Like the Blade Runner for technical ice climbing, the new Alpinist has been designed as the ultimate tool for alpine climbers. Using much of the same technology and innovative design, the Alpinist ensures a precise fit with modern boots and extra rigidity in the connection between the heel and toe platforms. This is due to the unique heel slide that integrates the micro-adjustable linking bar with the heel piece for better torsional rigidity. Constructed entirely from chromoly steel for the best energy absorption anywhere the crampons might be stressed. The elimination of connection joints leaves little room for play and reduces much of the flex that can make crampons seem less secure on technical terrain. The sophisticated geometry of the front points interacts with the secondary points for superior hold in hard snow and alpine ice. The Alpinist is delivered standard with both automatic and semi-auto toe bails for optimal compatibility with boots and conditions. The micro-adjustable linking bar allows fine-tuning of the length. The front bail can be set in 3 positions for optimally positioning the front points and the heel bail can be set in two positions for different size heel lasts. The heel bail also has three height settings for the most secure attachment with the boot. Dynamic anti-balling plates use a unique design and elastic material to prevent snow build-up underfoot.
- The most advanced technical alpine crampons ever conceived
- Patented heel slide design integrates the benefits of vertical and horizontal frame crampons
- Snow points are optimized for hard snow and alpine ice
- Asymmetric design follows the contours of modern boots to ensure a precise fit
- Delivered standard with automatic and semi-auto toe bails
- Dynamic anti-balling plates included
- Micro-adjustable linking bar for fine-tuning the length
- 3 front bail positions, 2 heel bail positions, 3 heel bail height settings
- Adjustable fold-over carrying case with lashing straps included
CASSIN is more than a story. CASSIN is a legend with two great protagonists: the mountain and the man. Riccardo Cassin established some of today’s most iconic alpine routes with tools he made by himself. CASSIN is ‘evolving mountaineering’ which stands for exploration in its most extreme sense, in places that exist only beyond known boundaries. Cassin is focused on discovering the most advanced materials and designs to help push exploration ever further.